The Provision HD streamer has two HDMI ports output ports, one on the transmitter and one on the receiver. The audio formats supported on these ports are different and the receiver HDMI output is more limited. Therefore if listening to audio on a TV connected to the Receiver and a TV connected to the Transmitter at the same time the formats supported by the Receiver will be the limiting factor.
1. Formats supported by the receiver
The receiver supports 2 Channel PCM audio at sample rates of 32 KHz, 44.1 KHz and 48 KHz with sample sizes of either 16 bits, 20 bit or 24 bits.
2. Formats supported by the Transmitter
In addition to the formats supported by the Receiver when only using the HDMI output of the Transmitter several multichannel audio formats are supported these include
- AC3 ( Dolby Digital ) up to 8 channels at 48 KHz sampling
- DTS up to 8 channels at 48 KHz sampling
- E-AC3 ( Dolby Digital plus ) up to 8 channels at 48 KHz sampling
- DSD up to 6 channels at 192 KHz sampling
- DTS-HD up to 8 channels at 192 KHz sampling
- MPL up to 8 channels at 192 KHz sampling